Criminal and DUI / OVI Defense in Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court

If you have been charged with criminal offense, such as a DUI / OVI, drug offense, or misdemeanor in Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court, contact Johnson Legal, LLC at (614) 987-0192 and speak with Attorney David Johnson regarding your case. Prior to appearing in court, review the information on this website, such as the information on this page, the charges and potential consequences, possible defenses and the court process.

Types of Cases Heard in Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court

Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court hears misdemeanor criminal cases that have allegedly occurred in the city of Grandview. These are typically a violation of the city’s codified ordinances. While there are a wide variety of cases that could be heard, common types of cases that are heard include:

Contact Information for Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court

Address:    1016 Grandview Avenue, Grandview Heights, Ohio 43212

Phone:     (614) 481-6205

Website:    Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court

Grandview Heights Court Personnel and Process

Mayor’s courts are presided over by the local Mayor unless a magistrate is appointed. A magistrate is basically the same as a judge. The magistrate makes rulings on legal issues and imposes sentences on offenders. In Grandview Heights, Mayor DeGraw has appointed Matthew Cincione to preside over the Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court. Hearing are held every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 1:00 PM.

Court Process

For some cases, such as minor traffic tickets, you may pay your fine in person at the above address or by mail. However, simply paying the fine is an admission of guilt. If you don’t wish to admit guilt, hire an attorney and attend the arraignment (the first court appearance). Pleading not guilty may result in a more positive outcome for your case.

After attending the arraignment and pleading not guilty, a pretrial hearing will be scheduled. This hearing provides an opportunity for your attorney and the prosecutor to negotiate a plea agreement. If you decline to accept a plea agreement, your case will be scheduled for a bench trial. Mayor’s courts are not permitted to conduct jury trials. If you wish to have a jury trial, your case will need to be transferred to the Franklin County Municipal Court.

If you are found guilty at trial, the magistrate will impose a sentence. Your attorney and the prosecutor will make statements to the judge prior to the imposition of any sentence.

Transferring Your Case to Franklin County Municipal Court

Mayor’s courts are not able to hear certain types of cases, such as when the defendant wishes to have a jury trial, or you may prefer to have your case heard in Municipal Court. If you transfer your case from Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court, your case will be heard in Franklin County Municipal Court. If the Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court finds you guilty, you may appeal to the Franklin County County Municipal Court.

Grandview Heights, Ohio Criminal Defense Attorney

If you have been charged with a criminal offense in the Grandview Heights Mayor’s Court, contact Johnson Legal, LLC and speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Attorney David Johnson of Johnson Legal, LLC will discuss your case and assist you in fighting the charges. Call (614) 987-0192 or send an email to schedule a consultation regarding your criminal offense case.

Helpful links for Grandview Heights: City of Grandview Heights, Grandview Heights Park & Recreation Advisory Board, Grandview Heights Planning Commission, Grandview Heights City Council, Grandview Heights Parks & Recreation

Grandview Heights City Attorney

Marie-Joelle C. Khouzam – City Attorney

1016 Grandview Avenue

Grandview Heights, Ohio 43212

(614) 481-6216

Grandview Heights Division of Police

1016 Grandview Avenue

Grandview Heights, Ohio 43212

(614) 488-7901 (non-emergency)

911 (emergency)